Last Edited By
Nov 10, 2022 7:54 PM
Last Edited Time
Nov 10, 2022 8:08 PM
Immediate Action Folder
Fake Created Date
February 24, 2021 12:00 AM2022-12-09T02:56:27+00:00
Used to create fake date
January 1, 2021
- Types of Digital Notetaking / Note taking systems:
- Architect: Building systems, systems thinking, creating systems or processes. Notion.
- They are masters of structure using a systems mindset, and making tradeoffs between form and function.
- Their need for consistency often leads Architects to plan their system upfront. If their needs change, the system needs to be rearchitected from scratch at significant cost. That is why it is important to be slightly on the generic or the simplistic side.
- Gardner: Collection knowledge, Bottom up thinking, serendipitous connections, growing knowledge Roam
- They are most at home imagining, dreaming, wandering, and making spontaneous creative connections in a way that no upfront plan could ever predict.
- The pitfall of Gardeners is that they often don’t know where they are headed.
- Apps like Obsidian and Roam are perfectly suited to the Gardener mindset, allowing you to create connections on the fly without your fingers even needing to leave the keyboard.
- Librarian: Goal oriented, very practical, goal oriented, they know why they are reading. Gardner in the collection space and librarian in the way having goals: Evernote
- If you find yourself often collecting new nuggets of knowledge, categorizing your ideas, and combining old and new information into a new understanding, you are likely a Librarian. Your strength is your consistency and commitment to serving your future self’s needs , while a common pitfall is acquiring tons of content without ever actually doing anything with it.