Think: How should home feel?
Thought: Peaceful, warm n cozy, not-too-perfect, positive
This Book: Freida attempted to decode the “gut feeling” designers and interior stylists often refer to, tried to convert into practical and useful advice
- Fundamentals of design and styling - proportions, vital measurements, and practical needs.
- functional AND harmonious home
What Makes You Feel Good?
- Start with a thorough analysis of needs
- Who Are You, What Do You Do in Your Home, and For Whom?
- Not for Show
- Mathematics of Design
- Golden Ratio: 1.618
- Golden Rectangle, Golden Spiral
- Composition and Proposition
- The Rule of Thirds
- By dividing the interiors or surfaces you are working with into thirds rather than into halves, you will find that you can create balance and harmony for the eye.
- Triangles and 3-point thinking
- Optical midpoint & Geometrical midpoint
- Think of the acoustics
- Organize things to deaden echoes and footsteps
- Answer questions in page 17